Our hair is constantly growing, shedding, and the growing once again. There are many factors that can cause hair loss such as…
- Hair products
- Hair treatments
- Hereditary hormonal changes
- Non-inherited hormonal imbalances
- Thyroid issues
- Birth control pills
- Fungal infections
- Vitamin deficiencies (such as iron)
- Side effect caused by medications
Although hair loss can be a natural part of aging, it can still be concerning, especially if it occurs early in life. Our hair can be attached to our confidence and expected appearance. Hair loss can be an emotional process. The good news is there are treatments available that can slow hair loss or stimulate hair growth. Treatments for men can include…
- Minoxidil (currently marketed as Rogaine). This treatment can be used topically and can dilate blood vessels. It’s most effective for younger men ages 18-41 with central balding patterns.
- Finasteride Propecia pill treatment. This can be effective for reducing hair loss and stimulating regrowth by countering the activity of the male hormones that can cause male pattern baldness.
Treatments for women can include…
- Spironolactone and cyproterone acetate. These are commonly prescribed for women that have unwanted facial hair, oily skin, acne, or hair loss due to hormonal imbalances.
Healthy hair growth can be promoted naturally using low-fat, high protein diets. Anemia can cause hair loss making it important to make sure iron intake is sufficient. You can improve iron intake by adding whole grain cereals, eggs, dates, raisins, and dark leafy vegetables to your diet. In addition, vitamin B, vitamin C, and vitamin E can promote healthy hair too. However, too much vitamin A may result in additional hair loss. It’s important to select supplements carefully.
Are you experiencing hair loss? Contact Doctor Roya and discover a treatment that can transform your life. Doctor Roya is an award-winning, top-rated, and national and internationally recognized physician. Doctor Roya is committed to transforming the lives of others while delivering personalized treatment to every patient.